15 facts about Twelfth Night
A School Assignment by Andrew
- Twelfth Night is also called What You Will
- The first performance of Twelfth Night was on February 2nd 1602.
- Viola and Sebastian are twins.
- It takes place in the kingdomof Illyria.
- There are 5 acts in Twelfth Night.
- There are 8 main characters.
- Twelfth Night is a romantic comedy.
- It was first printed in 1623.
- In the olden days women were not aloud to act. So when Viola dressed up as a man the actor would be a man dressed up as a woman dressed up as a man.
- The main climax is when Sebastian and Olivia get married and when Viola and Orsino get married.
- The name Twelfth Night, originated from the night before Epiphany or the twelfth night of the Christmas season.
- Twelfth Night was inspired by the Italian play “The Cheats”.
- The first Broadway production of it was June 11, 1804.
- I play Sebastian in Twelfth Night.
- I am in act 1 scene 1 out of act 2 scene 3.